Fellow Foodie Lovers

Powered by Blogger.

Cupcake Cupid:

Archived Blogs

Configure your calendar archive widget - Edit archive widget - Flat List - Newest first - Choose any Month/Year Format

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Food Truck Review - Feelin' Crabby

Feelin’ Crabby specializes in, as you can guess, crab (and lobster) creations. I ordered their crab sandwich along with a soup combo they were promoting. The sandwich was $11, which is about right for a decent crab sandwich, and $5 for cream of crab soup and chips of your choice. 
Open Face Crab Sandwich
The crab sandwich, not to be confused with a crab roll or a crab cake sandwich, comes on a thick Kaiser roll. They give a very generous lump of crab meat on their sandwich, mixed with small, diced pieces of red bell pepper and topped with old bay seasoning. The crab meat tastes almost like a crab salad with a little bit of mayo mixed in. The crab meat sits on top of a tomato slice and a thin layer of lettuce; the sandwich itself is served open-faced. The crab meat is super fresh and its seasoning leaves a slight spicy after-taste. If I had to be picky, I would say the seasoning was a bit on the salty side. Also, the Kaiser roll was unnecessarily thick; I left the top of the roll off and ate the sandwich with only the bottom bun. I did find myself picking at the bread as I was eating the sandwich though to diffuse the saltiness of the crab salad, so that may be why they decided to go with such a thick bread base. Overall, the sandwich was delicious and satisfied my crab craving :)
Fresh Lump Crab Meat
Unlike the crab sandwich, I have very few positives to say about the cream of crab soup. First of all, where is the crab meat? There was maybe a handful of pieces in my bowl. The base was overly creamy, overly oily, and lacked salt. If you didn’t tell me that it was a cream of crab soup I would’ve never guess what it was; all I could taste was the cream. For $5, it was definitely not worth my money. For $1, it would not be worth my money or my calories lol Bottom line: don’t try this cream of crab nonsense. 
Feelin' Crabby Food Truck

Overall, the sandwich was very delicious and fresh; its large portion satisfied this crab lover’s craving. The cream of crab soup on the other hand is a different story. Next time I plan on trying the ‘crabster’ sandwich: crab and lobster mixed together! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment