Fellow Foodie Lovers

Powered by Blogger.

Cupcake Cupid:

Archived Blogs

Configure your calendar archive widget - Edit archive widget - Flat List - Newest first - Choose any Month/Year Format

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Food Truck Review - Stix


Let me start by saying Stix is one of my favorite DC food trucks. I’ve ordered from them many times and have never been disappointed :) All of their items are grilled on skewers. I always get the Surf N Turf since it’s the best bang for your buck. For $12 you get your choice of 2 meats (steak, shrimp, or chicken) and a side. The chicken is usually sold out when I get there but I’m very content with my steak and shrimp :D Unfortunately the steak isn't made to order, but I’m sure it’s for the better in terms of health and safety reasons; it’s usually around a medium, so the steak is very tender and not overly chewy. The colossal shrimps are very fresh and glazed with a delicious lemon butter that isn’t too heavy.

Steak, Shrimp & Baby Red Potatoes
Out of the sides I’ve only tried the baby red potatoes with aioli sauce, and I can’t get enough of it! They are crave-worthy! Lightly salted and grilled to perfection, the skin is slightly crispy and toasted while the middle is soft and almost creamy. And the aioli sauce it comes with tastes good with everything! (I eat that sauce container clean C: lol) Other sides they sell include grilled pineapples, marinated mushrooms, and corn on the cob.

Most of the time I get Stix, there is a small line but their process is efficient; I’ve never had to wait too
long for my food to come out. When you get your order, everything is neatly wrapped together in a
cone shape with thick construction paper, making it very portable and easy to carry around (see below). Also, the food stays warm a decent amount of time after you order since each skewer is individually wrapped with aluminum foil (the potatoes aren't wrapped with foil in the photo below since this was during the warmer autumn days).

Neatly Wrapped Surf n Turf Combo

This truck is absolutely awesome, and I HIGHLY recommend trying Stix. :)

Stix Food Truck

0 comments:

Post a Comment