Fellow Foodie Lovers

Powered by Blogger.

Cupcake Cupid:

Archived Blogs

Configure your calendar archive widget - Edit archive widget - Flat List - Newest first - Choose any Month/Year Format

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Food Truck Review - Crepes Parfait


I think it's about time for some sugary goodness C: Crepes Parfait is a fairly new (and super cute) food truck, maybe a month old if I remember correctly? The name was a bit misleading to me because yes, they sell crepes, but no they do not sell parfaits! I was expecting some sort of amazing yogurt/fruit/granola concoction =/ At the same time apparently 'parfait' means ‘perfect’ in French so maybe that's what they were going for. Anyways, this truck serves both sweet and savory crepes. For some reason, in my mind, crepes should be sweet lol so I decided to try the sweet crepe special of the day: spiced apples and maple syrup cream with toasted almonds.

Spiced Apples and Maple Syrup with Toasted Almonds Crepe
The pancake shell was the perfect thinness, not too thick or bready. (If the pancake is too thick or starchy, it takes away from the filling flavor!) The filling was absolutely delicious and the maple syrup cream complimented the spiced apples really well; the cream was very light and whipped. Some crepe fillings tend to be too jam or jelly-like and others are too runny but this one was just right. They also give you an ample amount of warm apple filling without overwhelming your taste buds with sugar.

Crepes Parfait does a really good job with the packaging. The crepes are held in a cardboard holder with perforated lines where you tear as you eat your crepe; similar to tearing off the ice cream cone wrapper. Regardless, it makes eating the crepe a lot easier than having to keep pushing your crepe up towards the top of the holder opening (see picture below :P ) They have 3 cooking tops in their truck, so the line moves at a decent pace. Also, my crepe amazingly stayed warm for about 45 minutes after I had ordered it!

Handy, Perforated Crepe Holder 
To sum things up, my Crepes Parfait experience was pretty good :] (I definitely recommend it over
Crepes DC, which long story short, felt like I was eating spoonfuls of blueberry jam straight for the jar; I didn’t even finish my crepe :O ) Next time, I’d like to try a savory crepe to see if those are just as tasty!

Crepes Parfait Food Truck

0 comments:

Post a Comment