Fellow Foodie Lovers

Powered by Blogger.

Cupcake Cupid:

Archived Blogs

Configure your calendar archive widget - Edit archive widget - Flat List - Newest first - Choose any Month/Year Format

Monday, December 10, 2012

Cupcakes in Chicago

I realized that given the title of my blog, it probably would've been more appropriate to start with a cupcake related entry lol but I guess post #2 will have to do. I just got back from visiting the Windy City for the first time and stumbled across a cupcake truck, Cupcakes for Courage! I'd never seen or heard of it but the cupcake flavors looked good and I saw that they were on Cupcake Wars. After looking them up, I learned that they donate their proceeds to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and the American Cancer Society, hence their name. A lot of their flavors were sold out but I got Dreamsicle and Spicy Siracha Turtle (Spicy Siracha Turtle was the one featured on Cupcake Wars).


Dreamsicle - I was told that they hand-squeeze orange juice for the batter of this cupcake. Frosting was delicious! It wasn't too sweet and had just the right amount of orangey flavor. The cake itself was moist but a bit bland in my opinion. There wasn't much flavoring but I'm guessing that was intentional since it compliments the sweet frosting. I imagine if the cake was sweeter the overall cupcake might have tasted overly sweet? This is the first dreamsicle flavored cupcake I've tried; most impressed by the frosting more than anything.




Chocolate Siracha Turtle - The name definitely intrigued my taste buds! haha The siracha flavor isn't overwhelming, and it isn't that spicy; it's mostly for flavoring I'm sure. At first I didn't taste the siracha honestly, but after taking a few more bites it's definitely there. The cake is topped with a pretty thick and heavy chocolate frosting, walnuts, and caramel that all compliment the cake. (side note: I only ate half the cupcake because I was saving the other half to help me write my review. When I went back to the kitchen where I left my half-eaten cupcake, I couldn't find it anywhere....turns out my mom devoured the rest. LOL)

Here's a few pictures of their truck/menu:


I also tried the famous Molly's Cupcakes, but that'll be a later entry :P Hope you guys enjoyed this post :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment