Fellow Foodie Lovers

Powered by Blogger.

Cupcake Cupid:

Archived Blogs

Configure your calendar archive widget - Edit archive widget - Flat List - Newest first - Choose any Month/Year Format

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Food Truck Review - Chef Driven DC


Ok, so I know I've been slacking in my posts since the holidays started :X My goal for the new year is a new post every week *crosses fingers* I know last post I said I’d be sharing a cupcake recipe I baked throughout the holidays but I think given that the holidays are pretty much over I’d rather share some food truck reviews : )

Owned by Jerry Trice, who has apparently been in the DC restaurant business for 15 years, Chef Driven DC is absolutely delicious! I believe Jerry himself was taking orders? If so, he’s a really friendly, personable guy! I’ve only tried one item so far – steak frites with truffle fries – but I definitely want to try other items on the menu. I don’t usually like steak or red meat at all but the way he described it I just couldn’t resist lol The steak was cooked to the perfect medium rare, not too bloody and not overly cooked. And the truffle fries...omg just thinking about them is making me hungry! You get a generous serving of crispy, lightly salted fries that come with some sort of chimichurri sauce; not sure what exactly is in there but it's amazing and addicting (maybe there's crack in it?)

Steak Frites with Truffle Fries 

I didn't have to wait too long for the food either; it’s steak so naturally it's going to take a little longer to cook. Also, supposedly the menu changes weekly so I can’t wait to try it again :) I 100% recommend trying Chef Driven DC; two thumbs up!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment